How To Publish
Guide to publishing a plain language summary in a Future Science Group journal
- Presubmission – Decide who will be writing the PLSP, and who the target audience is – this in turn will lead to thinking about what information to include and how best to present it. FSG welcomes presubmission enquiries, so get in touch to discuss your PLSP plans or if you have any questions.
- Submission – Submit via your chosen journal’s submission site, including all your PLSP files and any required forms.
- Peer review – All PLSPs undergo full peer review prior to publication. PLSPs are reviewed by both subject area specialists and plain language experts.
- Revision – Feedback from the reviewers, along with any comments from the editorial team will be returned to you to incorporate into your final PLSP.
- Production – Following acceptance of your PLSP, the journal production team will work with you to approve the final formatted version, including any graphics and other media.
- Publication – PLSPs are published open access in the journal online (and in print for applicable journals), after which they can be read, shared and cited.
- Post-publication – The journal will share your PLSP via its social media channels and with relevant patient organizations, to maximize awareness and dissemination.